By admin In Aftercare
- The piercing may be cleaned using saline solution. 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt in cooled, boiled water (never use water that is too hot or too salty!) Use kitchen towels dipped in the saline to wash the area. Clean it gently to avoid irritation! Make sure you clean your hands first!
- Clean the piercing 2-3 times daily, in the morning and at night, maybe once during the day if needs be.
- There is no need to touch your piercing! Playing with your new piercing is the biggest cause of infection, irritation and migration. So leave it alone!
- Arnica 30 can help your piercing heal faster always read the instructions.
- Leave the same jewellery in for as long as possible. However if the jewellery is causing discomfort it can be changed to a smaller bar after 2 to 3 weeks.
- Avoid swimming and taking baths for at least 2 months after being pierced. Any mass of water contains bacteria. Showers are fine, but try to keep shower gels away from the piercing while it is healing.
- Depending on how fast you heal the orginal bar/ring may be changed after 3-4 months. However if your piercing becomes infected during the healing process changing to PTFE (syntehtic material) can help the piercing settle down.